Areas of Application
- Glass facades / glass roofs
- Window panels / glass doors
- Frosted glass
- Decorative glass
- Automobile glass
- All exterior glasses
- Architectural glasses
The product must be used as delivered (The material must not be diluted further )Application steps :
- Cleaning of the glass surface
- Application of coating.
Cleaning of the glass surface :
- Prior to application it must be ensured that glass surface
is free of all loose particles / dust
- If the glass surface is very dirty or oily ( Fingerprints /
stains) it must be cleaned with a cleaner ( detergent
wash / acetone ).
- If glass was stored over a longer period of time, it must
be cleaned e.g. a glass washing line.
- Ensure before application, the glass surface is clean and
completely dry if necessary, wipe with little acetone.
Temperature / Humidity conditions :
- Ambient temperature : Coating can be applied in ambient temperature conditions ( i.e. 10 Deg C to 40 Deg C ).In this case, drying time would be around 3 hours.
- Humidity level : 60% to 80% . deviating conditions can influence the formation of hydrophobic effect and drying time.
Coating should be applied and dried in a dust free environment, preferably in clean room conditions.Application of coating solution :
- Small quantity of the material has to be applied on the glass surface( Approximately about 15ml/m2 , the exact amount need to bedetermined on site by a simple Roll-off test ).
- Material can be applied by Brushing, Rolling, Dipping, or Smearingusing soft cloth / tissue paper /sponge.
- It is recommended to apply the material in small sections for efficientcoating.
- Ensure that glass surface saturate with coating solution.
- Allow the coating to dry naturally for about 3 hours. or the coating may be dried by placing the glass at ambient temperature of 50 to 65 deg C.
- If drying process is natural and if the coating, due to different climatic conditions, does not dry up even after about 3 hrs, then it needs to be wiped off / polished until it completely dries out.
- The material once applied need to be polished in circular motion using soft cloth / tissue paper. This can be done by polishing / rubbing in circular motions until it completely rubbed off / dries out.
Test of coating for Water repellency
- Once coated performance can be tested by pouring some water on the coated panels. if coating is done properly, water should from droplets and roll-off the glass surface and should not spread out into a uniform film.